In previous posts, we’ve discussed the importance and benefits of using life insurance as part of your long-term financial plan. Life insurance is a flexible, financial tool that can help you protect your assets and reduce your risk. It is particularly useful as an estate planning tool. Once you and your independent insurance advisor have discussed your options, we encourage you to:
- Outline your insurance strategy in writing.
- Develop a portfolio of diversified insurance policies that will provide short-term and long-term protection at acceptable levels of risk.
- Delineate risk protection in the insurance portfolio.
- Recommend an allocation strategy for insurance policies.
- Create guidelines for the selection of insurance companies and diversification of insurance assets.
- Identify evaluation criteria for assessing the insurance portfolio’s performance.
- Promote continuous and effective communication between the advisor and the client.
In a future post, we will discuss the responsibilities of a good insurance advisor as well as your responsibilities as the insured or policyowner. In the meantime, we encourage you to contact us with any questions or to view past articles on the subject.
7 surprising benefits of life insurance
To your success,
Joseph M. Maas, CFA, CVA, ABAR, CM&AA, CFP®, ChFC, CLU®, MSFS, CCIM
President of Synergetic Finance